Friday, July 01, 2011

Staind - (2001) Break the Cycle [Australia Bonus Track]


I was first introduced to this band through a tape that a friend of mine bought a couple of years ago. I still remember its name; Wired Up compilation. Featuring notable mainstream artists such as P.O.D., Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, among others. However, it wasn't until I listened to this one particular track with the title 'It's Been Awhile' that later urged me to take this band seriously. I had already some pictures in mind about a band that played in this style; angst ridden lyrics often accompanied with mellow acoustic passages, Staind definitely got me hook by the flesh. So I decided to grab myself a copy of Break the Cycle without much haste. Alas, I couldn't purchase the CD since it belonged to a friend's cousin. I guess this album really was the high point of their career. It's quite short though, clocking just 4 minute short from an hour yet it's still entertaining.

Tracklist:

1. Open Your Eyes 3:52
2. Pressure 3:22
3. Fade 4:03
4. It's Been Awhile 4:25
5. Change 3:35
6. Can't Believe 2:48
7. Epiphany 4:19
8. Suffer 3:59
9. Warm Safe Place 4:35
10. For You 3:26
11. Outside 4:52
12. Waste 3:56
13. Take it 3:37
14. Outside [Live featuring Fred Durst]

Total time: 56:29

No comments:

Post a Comment