Sunday, April 01, 2012

Bathory - (1984) Bathory (2003 Reissue) [.flac]


Which metalhead doesn't know shit about Bathory? I've met some of these poseur bastards. They claimed themselves as ardent fans of metal. When I post 'Necromansy' on a forum, the moderator began asking about the band and how it became influential to extreme metal in general. To be honest, he had never listened to any song from Bathory in over 30 years of his existence on this planet. I pointed out the similarity between the song 'Necromansy' and 'War' that was recorded by Burzum in his eponymous debut. Still he had no fucking idea of what I was talking about. Now I called that type of person as the 'absolute poseur'. But that is not everything; the next story is even more ridiculous and it makes you want to punch the guy in his face! On the same forum, there I was posting another song by Bathory. Then this dude appeared on the forum and commented on the video where our little conversation began We obviously chatted about Bathory and Quorthon's legacy as musician. It was not until he asked me whether or not Bathory would release a new album that I got totally infuriated. Fortunately I was able to pull myself together and explained to him that Quorthon had since long been dead for years, much to that fucker surprise. Mind you, the conversation took place about two years ago!

In essence, I held Bathory in high regard. The self titled full length is perhaps my favorite black metal record ever. Without Bathory, black metal will not exist as we know it today. So fuck off to poseurs who only know to download .mp3 but refused to purchase original albums and merchandise. Total fuck off to uneducated bastards who dwell at the very bottom pits of excrement and stupidity. SUPPORT WAR AGAINST POSEURS!!

As a side note, this 2003 reissue combines Storm of Damnation and Hades into a single track.

Tracklist:

1.  Storm of Damnation / Hades 5:49
2. Reaper 2:44
3. Necromansy 3:39
4. Sacrifice 3:16
5. In Conspiracy with Satan 2:38
6. Armageddon 2:30
7. Raise the Dead 3:40
8. War 2:16
9. Outro 0:23

Total time: 26:45

Format: .flac
Quality: Lossless
Encoder Preset: -v0
Average Bitrate: 1009 Kbps
Cue Sheet: Non - Compliant
Sampling Rate: 44 kHz
Channel: Stereo
Bit Depth: 16
Size: 194 Mb (Un-RAR)
Password: manifestationovevil

1 comment: